Size: View this website with small text View this website with medium text View this website with large text View this website with high visibility

1.1.2 Reporting Concerns

This chapter was added to the manual in April 2016.

If you are concerned about a child's welfare or worried they are being abused, you can make a referral  to Children’s Social Care in Dorset.

Bournemouth 01202 458102
Bridport 01308 422234
Christchurch 01202 474106
Dorchester 01305 221459
Ferndown 01202 877445
North Dorset 01258 472652
Poole 01202 735046
Purbeck 01929 553456
Weymouth and Portland 01305 760139

The Children and Young Peoples Partnership Inter – Agency Referral Form can also be used to share information with your local office. See the Referrals Procedure for more information on how to make a referral.

If you are unsure the Dorset Children's Services Procedures Manual will be able to help guide you or the Dorset County Council Protocol for Assessment  which tells you which types of services a family may need to get support.

Alternatively you can call ChildLine for advice on 0800 1111 or email them by visiting www.childline.org.uk.

Further Information

What to do if you’re worried a child is being abused: Advice for practitioners.